QuickNote | Introduction
| Mathematical Analysis | Applet Tutorial | Applet Worksheet | Quiz | SPICE/CAD | References | Feedback
- The applet shows three modes, auto demo mode, user mode and quiz mode, auto demo
demonstrates the correspondence between the physical and equivalent circuit
representations; the user mode integrates the quiz to test the user's understanding the
virtual transformation in the visual way.
- In the auto demo mode, do the following:
- Observe the animation for the circuit components "extracting" from the device.
Understand where it's from and where it goes.
- Move the mouse over a specific region of the device, the area associated with the device
function turns to lighter color, a bubble help shows a short tip for the region picked.
The corresponding components in the equivalent circuit associated with the user-specified
device region blink with a lighter color. The components' names are displayed nearby.
- Move the mouse over a specific component in the equivalent circuit, the corresponding
symbol appears in the physical representation of the device. A bubble help displays a tip
for the component picked.
- Select the user mode to get the whole diagram of the physical structure and the circuit
- Move the mouse over the device. Observe the associated components highlighted in
the circuit. Note that you can move over the small area on the junctions as well. This
will show you the junctions with tip text and corresponding in the circuit.
- When the mouse is over the circuit, the corresponding symbol displays in the physical
structure. For rp and ro, the typical
values are also displayed.
- Check the checkbox "simplified by ignoring parasitic resistance" to view the
simplified hybrid-pi model; Uncheck to restore to the full model.
- Select the quiz mode, it pops up a message dialog window showing instruction for the
next step. Click OK and do the following:
- Follow the question pad and click your answer to the questions in the physical device or
- Go to the next question util through all. Interrupt quiz by click quit and get help by
- Examine your score.