QuickNote | Introduction | Mathematical
Analysis | Applet Tutorial | Applet
Worksheet | Quiz | SPICE/CAD | References | Feedback
(A Five Minute Tutorial)
- Main Concepts To Learn: how the small-signal hybrid-pi model
represents the transistor parameter variation(DVCE, DIC...).
Representation of the equivalent-circuit under small-signal hybrid-pi model.
The roles of each capacitance and resistor: what are they associated to in the
The connection between the physical device and the equivalent circuit.
2. A Quick Step-By-Step For Each Topic:
- Topic-1: The small-signal hybrid-p model provides a relationship among the VCE and Ib,
Ic. See "Mathematical Analysis" for the math illustration.
- Topic-2: The circuit diagram shows the representation of small-signal
hybrid-pi model for common-emitter use.
- Topic-3: Cp: the sum of emitter-base depletion-layer capacitance and emitter-base
depletion-layer capacitances of collector-base diodes;
rp: the input
resistance relates Vbe to Ib;
r0: the output
resistance relates Vce to Ic;
re, rb, rc: parasitic resistances for emitter,
base and collector, respectively.
- Topic-4: The relationship is shown in the auto demo of the applet.